Media Training Course
This program can be taught in a one-day or two-day format. It is offered at our downtown Toronto location or can be scheduled at your office. This program will be created as a public workshop in the future.
NOTE: The agenda is essentially the same for the one and two-day classes. In the two-day course, the content covered is more in-depth and there is more time for people to practice the techniques.
Media Training Program Agenda
The objective of the program is to help you be more strategic, in a disciplined way, to improve your media coverage and ability to respond to inquiries. You will learn how to:
• Handle media inquiries from all sources, including telephone interviews
• Establish ground rules
• Break the ice with the media
• Craft your media message and bridge message points that apply to positive or negative situations
• Develop media-talking notes – your script
• Develop your vocal personality
• Establish effective listening habits
• Deliver a 15-second sound bite for TV and radio
• Handle the media huddle after/before an event
• Assume control in crisis communications
• Use the art of repetition
• Convey the correct body language
• Sit down for a TV interview and be aware of the camera (it sees everything!)
• Handle questions and in particular, learn how to identify a loaded question before you answer it
• Deal with hostile interviewers
• Reduce nervousness and increase self-confidence
• Look great on TV (appropriate wardrobe, make-up, nails, and hair – for both men and women!)
There will be live practice interviews on camera and critiques for each participant.